Sunday, June 7, 2009

los templos


In our travels it has been fun, excited and warm to spot the temples sometimes every few minutes from the freeway. I too- love to see the temple!













First stop in St. George, while Nana had a Family History missionary meeting, Cami and I explored the temple grounds. She pointed out each bloom chattering and scuttling from plant to plant. She seemed so very small next to the large building but watching her I was aware of a very big soul. Inside the visitors center the sister missionaries gobbled her up. Highlight- listening to the message in front of the Cristus. Camilla couldn't keep her eyes off Him. She would point up at His face and in hushed tones turn to me with something to say- if only I knew what she was thinking! Afterward she climbed up the step at His feet playing but always looking up as if awed at His presence. Upon leaving a cute sister (aren't they all so cute!?) asked if she would like a picture to take home. Handing her a pass along card in her Hungarian accent she pointed to Christ and said, "this is Jesus". Cami took it and pointed to Him and repeated, "Esus". Maybe I was hearing things, but she repeated it again to a Korean sister. By the time we got back to Nana she was back to her wiggly adventurous self and was in no mood to show off.










South Jordan is now the only city in the world to have two temples and lucky us to be here to go through the open house. Beautiful! A perfect way to end the day of Anika's baptism. Anika is one of Cami most bosom buddies. She is such a good example to her!
I was reminded of covenants made and families sealed and missed my mighty Mark.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey if you guys are still in Utah for a few days you should come say hello.

Sarah Stout said...

I love the picture of her with the temple in the background, like something from a magazine, she is too cute too.

Sarah Stout said...

We found out about the fishing through Adam's work. Do you remember the Cal Store in Rexburg. Adam cleans that building every morning and saw the sign. We heard about it last year but something came up on that day so we weren't able to go. You can probably also go to the fish and game website for california and find out about it there.