Drove 45 minutes and found the other side of the world and 18 years ago. The kids thought we went to an amazing adventure/ Big Truck Park just for them. They were angels while Mark caught up with Vlada and Szchrko (yeah, I have no idea how to say it let alone spell it)- They humored me and chatted together in Serbian. As we drove home (and after we discovered all the Avenal has to offer- that stop didn't take us long); Mark said- see, I really was a missionary in Serbia and people were baptized.
3 comments:
Wow how did this come to be- the meet up I mean. I can't believe they are still in touch.
Our most consecrated efforts usually carry with them eternal consequences and joys somewhere along the way. How neat that Elder Freeman could still mean so much to someone from 18 years ago!
Wonderful! I love it! Being here in Ukraine in a mission filled with converts I see on a regular basis in cherished photo albums and emotion-filled reminiscing how beautiful upon the mountains--and across the plains and steppes are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Post a Comment