Friday, December 23, 2011

С Рождеством!




Merry Christmas Mom and Dad!
We cannot be with you, we cannot send something fantastic wrapped in glittering paper and bows that you would absolutely need or want to carry around eastern Europe. As part of a gift that we received- I read once, "I offer my most treasured possession, my testimony of the reality and divinity of a living Savior, Jesus Christ. How I wish I could bequeath this to you... that when I am no longer with you this sure conviction would remain. Or better yet, if I could box and wrap and tie...send to you across miles this most precious of all Christmas gifts, how assured I would feel, knowing that you would each have the help, support and strength when life's challenges come, that I have received... " So, that is why my gift to you is to share with you these words of many of the people in this world that are near and dear to me. They lift and strengthen me, they are my friends. I love having friends that share my belief in our Savior, even Jesus Christ. My whole life I have been able to learn about and come to know Him by watching and knowing you. Superheroes are defined by their giving their lives in the service of others. Christ, my Master- the ultimate servant! Creator, Redeemer, Judge and Friend. I am amazed that there is so much more for me to learn of Him- I could be so much closer to Him! and I look forward to drawing near to Him. To returning to His presence with our Father. My heart turns this Christmas to my children and by so doing it automatically turns to my fathers. The spirit of "more Christ" of "family" and of "service" are all very real to me this year! I love you!



Here's to the Heros! created by Holly- Watch it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWnMFpb7j_I&context=C3751ba0ADOEgsToPDskLx0bEd08EOUARTtJdsOhAe

I believe the Book of Mormon is true and that we have a leader of a church and I did not go to the promised land with Nephi, nor did I morn with Mormon. I know the Lord our God the Almighty, will help us and provide for us when trusted in. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet with no equal and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen---
Darian Joseph Davenport
23 September 2011


I would like to bare my testimony that I know the church is true. I know if we are righteous we can continue with our Heavenly Father and if we are generous to others God will be generous. I know Thomas S. Monson is our true prophet. I know that the feeling I get at the temple is because it is a house of God. I know the Book of Mormon and Bible are the words of God. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen---
Wade Joseph Davenport
23 September 2011


I have a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost, that Heavenly Father lives and loves His children; that Jesus Christ lives, that He is the Son of God, and that He carried out the infinite Atonement that Joseph Smith is the prophet of God who was called to restore the gospel; that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Savior's true Church on the earth; and that the Church is led by a living prophet today. I know that he communicates directly with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and acts as the Lords representative to lead and guide all those who will listen, to give the teachings and warnings needed to endure this lifetime, and to prepare all to return once more to live with our Father in Heaven.
I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am especially grateful for the opportunity I have to raise my children in the gospel, that they may see a clear path to return home. I know that Heavenly Father answers my prayers.. He leads me continually as I call upon His name. I have found His hand in every difficult part of my life, and now especially I find Him as a guide when I do not know where to turn in parenting my children. I am humbled by His love for them and the inspiration I have been given to show them the love their Heavenly Father has for them.
Heavenly Father is always listening to us, He knows the desires of our hearts, He knows my children. I am blessed to live so close to the temple and to be able to attend regularly. How blessed I am to know that Jesus Loves me and each of my family. I know that when Christ is the center of my life, all other areas fall into place and trials are put into perspective. I receive the peace of Christ. I know that it is not by changing what I do that adds meaning to my life, I change the center and Christ adds meaning to my daily activities. It is not easy to place Christ as number one. I have searched the scriptures to find people who have found peace even amidst the greatest trials. There were only a few that I found to have complete peace, and those had spent most of their lives developing their reservoirs of peace. I know each day I must add oil to my lamp, or reservoir of peace, if I want to have true peace.
Today in a fast track world of cars, planes and trains it is hard to find peace. Sometimes I find myself choosing vacations and relaxation, what the world around us calls peace. This peace is not real and does not last, bringing neither contentment or joy. Only when I let go of the world and place Christ at the center of my life can I find lasting peace and joy that will heal all of my hidden wounds.
Each time I go to church and surround myself with the gospel and the sweet spirit of the members of my ward I understand a little bit more of my Heavenly Fathers love for his children. My wounds are slowly soothed I find forgiveness for myself and forgiveness for those who have hurt me and the scars that before were ugly have become beautiful through the atonement of Christ.
I know that my family was chosen before I came to earth. I find strength through their examples, from Darian, to Reddick Allred, each makes me a better person. I know that Heavenly Father directs my path and helps me choose the best way for me to grow so that I may be like Him, that I may return home.
In the Name of Jesus Christ Amen
Julie Davenport
23 September 2011


Dad and Mom
Right now I’m way too introverted to give you the gift you deserve or even to think thoughts about Christ as I normally would. I am struggling over/with so many thing momentarily and I cannot do such a great job at even pretending I’m not.
However, I do want to let you know that I love my Savior and all He does for me. If He has already suffered all that I am suffering, it is way too much for someone so guiltless as He to endure. But He has, and He not only hears me, but also listens to my sorrowing and aching heart. He not only sympathizes, but He knows EXACTLY because He’s been there. He did nothing wrong but love each one of us and wanted our relationship to remain the same with Him, just as I have done nothing wrong but love Kyle, wanting he and I to stay together. Everything about what He did and what happened to Him was much more grand and I had to stretch mine to make it fit, but it worked for me.
I know that my Father in Heaven and my Savior want me to be happy and they have devised a pathway – a plan for me to follow, and when I do that, nothing wavering, I can find the peace I so deeply desire . . . I just need to stretch out my hand, make the effort to get it.
I know that this too shall be for my good, and it will also pass if I endure it well. He wants only to polish His silver, thus putting me into the fire until He can see His face. Now – I don’t know if all these scriptural references fit anywhere, but they do in my mind and hey, it’s kinda boggy in their anyway so I only ask you to bear with it for this gift.
I know that you said to me before I got married that I was in for big rough waters, and so I am in some of them – they are more gnarly than I ever imagined them to be, however. But also, right after I got married you two decided to go serve a mission. I think that you, knowing that blessings were attached, decided to go on my behalf. I think I am hogging more of the blessings from your mission that go out to your family than anyone!! It may not seem like it, but I shudder to think of my life if you weren’t on your mission.
Thank you for all that you have given to me: thank you that you listened to your parents and to the spirit and got baptized so that you could grow in such strength to be worthy for one another; thank you for being worthy for one another so that you could have the children you had; thank you for having the children you had thus giving me such an uplifting environment so that I could have the strength to get up and breathe in and out every day!
I love you more than I could ever say!!! I miss you terribly, but I don’t want you home for another eleven months.


Your youngest,
ivy






Amaya





Camilla Anjanae



Hyrum
Translation:
"What do you know about Jesus Christ?
"What does he tell you"
"Make the bed, and take out the trash, and wash the dishes."
"To go to Pwimawee (Primary)."
"To pray."
"What would Jesus Christ do with you?"
"Play a game."




Enoch


Redik strokes picture of Jesus and says "Ni- Ni..." (Nice, Nice).


"Who say ye that I am?"Jesus The Christ, my joy, my hope, my all!

I had always been moved to consider and ponder the Apostolic witnesses born of the Savior during General Conferences, and in the scriptures. I absolutely loved and believed their words, and desired to know how I might one day have a testimony so pure! I yearned and ached to "see" my Savior, to fall at His feet and worship Him, to gaze quietly in His eyes and read the love and concern He would reveal to me. I know that He lives! The veil that separates is thin, and I can feel Him perfectly beside me when I seek Him. He is my concerned elder brother, and in every moment I desperately try to hear His voice and then follow where it leads me.
I rejoice in His redeeming and enabling power, it continuously makes me whole after all I can possibly do. I know I will one day see Him face to face, but in the meantime, I will know Him more intimately and more perfectly so that I will be ready. My greatest desire is to be one with Him the way He is one with our Father, and to be pure the way he is pure! It is enough to know that I can prepare now by drawing near unto Him, and by purifying my heart, cleansing my hands and my feet before Him, that he may make me clean! (D&C 74-75).


So with this hope and with this joy, I share my love and testimony of my Savior and best friend with my eternal family.


I understand perfectly that if we build our foundation on the rock of our Redeemer, we CANNOT fail. Christ and His everlasting gospel are simply and EXACTLY the way to lasting happiness and peace!
- Isa


I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves me. I feel the Holy Ghost testify to me of his Divinity and Redeeming power. I know that He suffered for my sins and is my Savior. I know He has all power to overcome death (via His resurrection) and hell (via His Atonement) and bring new life and light into the world. He gives me every chance and every blessing I am ready to receive. He is the Son of God. He is my strength and by His grace I will be able to return to Heavenly Father's presence once again. –Kris


----


I know Christ lives and He is my Savior and Redeemer. He loves me unconditionally and is sad when I sin and rejoices when I repent and am a righteous boy. I know that I will be forever in His debt for His atonement, and am so thankful for him in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. –KJB, age 15 in a few days.


I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, that He is my Savior and redeemer of the world. I know that Heavenly Father answers all my prayers even if I don’t get the answer right away or when I would like to. But He always answers. We are in His time, not ours. He will answer, when and what is best for me. He is always watching. I also believe Joseph Smith was an honest and true prophet of God and did and incomparable service to the world, only except for Jesus. This is His church and there is no other. I have strong appreciation for my pioneer ancestors. I know that all of our church leaders are called of God. And that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are separate beings. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and the Bible, as long as it is translated correctly, is also the word of God. I have had opportunity to talk with others and befriend others- neighbors and people my age- and talk to them about these things. These experiences have strengthened my beliefs. I know what I know is true. –Natalia, age 16.


I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. He show us the way back to heaven, and made it possible. While he was in the Garden of Gethsemane, He asked, “Take this cup from me. But Thy will, not my will be done.” I wish I could be such a great daughter, like that. When I get depressed, I know that He loves me. He is my everlasting friend. I love to hear the story of His birth and set up the nativities. I love Christmas because of Him. That’s what the best parts are. –Rebeckah Brinkerhoff, almost 11.


I know the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that the Bible, the Book of Mormon, are true. I also know that through prayer we can talk to Heavenly Father. It is through Jesus, through prayer. I believe in God the Eternal Father and in His son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. I am learning how he speaks to me, that’s particular to me. I love the Lord, and I believe He is our Brother and Savior. My favorite scripture story about His life is in Matt. 4. I like this one because Jesus was strong and did not give in to temptation. He faced the strongest tempter ever. Jesus is a good example to me. When I am sad I can feel the Holy Ghost comforting me…and telling me that He loves me. I love Him. –Sabrina, 12.





“I drew one of my favorite scriptures. The Daddy comes to Jesus and says, “Can you help me? My little girl is dying. Then he comes. He says, ” Jesus says, Rise again.” There. Your daughter is ready to go. They all say, Yea!!” I think Jesus is the best guy. Then He goes and helps more people. He is good. And that’s really true. He’s good. He returns. “ ---Benjamin, age 7, almost baptized and very ready to be a cub scout.


(Jenessa, what can you tell me about Jesus?): “Jesus I want you to help my cats. And dogs. They are sick. And they’re going to die. Please help my cats and my dogs. Because when the cat dies He can create them all happy again. And can you please help my little-little sickness?”
“Jesus is real. Of course! Don’t you know? Mom!! Of course He is. And He went to the Nephites. Benji read it to me.” (that’s not snow. It’s stars. And that’s how our chickens sat on Molly But it looks like a duck. The duck didn’t be in there.)– Jenessa, age 4





------ (Heather’s postscript. I am sorry this is so long, Ebeth. It takes me a long LONG time to write short!)
I am the last one to write. Elisabeth has called twice today. I love her! I can only imagine how much greater would be my perfectionism/procrastination overwhelm at facing the task to abbreviate and carve “the things of my soul” on plates. I have thought of 50 ways to begin- and tried to begin- to catalog life defining witnesses. There are many. I have never ‘not known’. I have received a portion of His presence whenever I have needed it. I have been chastised when I didn’t know I needed it. For all that I feel gratitude. How I feel about Him? How can I say? It’s so inadequate.


I have to resort this time, today, to hymns. English printing. #’s 6v3-5. 29. 66. 81. 85.85.85.85. 94. 98.98.dad’s memory 98. . 220.219. specific ly. 100.105. another dad memory I repeat in prayersong. 114. 116. 124. 124. 129. 128. 130.131.Nana, me, us, and 308and134. 126. 137.165,166, mom memory piano or organprayer I repeat, less skilled. And my favorite numbers right now, using songs to fill in words how I feel and believe about Jesus the Christ: 171.172.174.175.180.181.182.184.183185.187.188.190.191.192.193.194.(and, while parent memories of songexperience testimony register every time I see, read, sing, think of some of these hymns, I have to note here, a memory that enters every Sunday, as I am doing likewise: a memory of my mom’s hands, one around me, one holding the higher edge of the dark blue book, and following the words with her finger, or guiding mine, sitting in the darkened and lit old chapels of Sunday evening sacrament meetings. This memory is particularly tied to the words of the sacrament hymns, especially in memory of..the bitter cup…calvary,.. a green hill, great the wisdom and the love, of humble birth, and the 221,100.200.He is risen…the Lord Today, al. le. lu ia. And that’s how I feel. That’s what I know. Woven within that pattern, underscoring my hymns of prayer and praise, are the repeated measures of parentsong legacy. testimony. Strengthening. Supporting. Reinforcing my line upon line experience of our Savior.


усиливать, укреплять, армировать. says my online worder. To reinforce, to make concrete. Hard. Visible. Real. Of experience. And armored. Against other stress, strain. Creating a testimony of reinforced concrete. Thankyou. I start by splooding out thoughts in an attempt to define a specific testimony of Him, I turn to the hymns because that’s a comforting, prayalways prayerform, and I end in the word linguistics… discovering something….concrete…. and I now know, however concrete- in pebbled puddle plops at the end of a pour- my testimony came, where my reinforcement- reinforced concrete, strengthened, useful and of use for Him- of a testimony- came. Thanks on Christmas, Mom and Dad, for being my spiritual rebar. I love you. ---Heather


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for all the phone calls. It DID bless my family. So much more than I thought. I suspect it blessed others too, because of that... even the thinking about it, and even just the intention. and especially the invitation. Thank you again for helping me remember what is Christmas.

Janet said...

An icy cold Christmas in a bitter-cold Northern land was warmed by this gift of love and testimony. How we love you all!