Friday, December 5, 2008

She's not an elephant anymore

While I typed the title of this blog I put a little sniff sniff with my sigh and smile. Don't I encourage her to roll over and to get those little knees up and under to push her cute round self around? It's also me who keeps introducing new foods into her growing list of "big girl" tastes. Why then does it sadden me in ways, to notice the thinning of her face, to see the increasingly more complex thought process in her blue eyes, to watch her play all by herself and to never be waken in the night for a quick snack? I'm sure there are more people than just me who have a quiet inner struggle as to whether I continue to nuture the growing child or to search madly for a way to keep her little forever. At only six and a part months onlookers still refer to her as a baby, but she is showing her very old spirit more and more each day. I feel honored to be able to witness her daily miracles and discoveries of life as we now know it in these imperfect yet amazing bodies!
Oh, by the way, computers are so nice. We have one now thanks to early black friday risers! It's great and I will be around more often now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a great mom. I love how you love that little Cami. Thanks for posting the pictures of her growing. I am not sure what it is but we just have such a love for that little girl here at our house. Hope to see her soon!

zoandquanda said...

How we all wish they would stay cute and innocent.. our priceless gifts for our Father above!!! then they get more and more like their daddies!!!lol....she is so beautiful.. i follow your blog!! Its good to see what a wonderful mother u r.. i sure do miss you!!