Excited I was to start on something baby and something boy that I finally pulled myself away from the sewing machine at two a.m. -Not feeling in the least sleepy-
Brother Js blessing outfit on the left for inspiration and pattern making
Jr's nearly completed (missing elastic, buttons and a bow tie) church clothes
Made to practice for his little outfit of white to be blessed in.
I think I'm ready to cut up Grandpa's donated white shirts and start on the real project!
Still looking for a good (and free) pattern for some shoes to go with it.
I am pleased, but wish there was a tiny bundle around here to try it on.
Flannel Board-
I would have liked to use a plain colored fabric but-
ya know-
I use what I have.
I slipcovered and handled heavy duty thick cardboard and
Love that it fold up but can also stand up-
I threw on some felt circles to see if they would stick and left them there.
Next morning, Cami runs straight to it
Occupied for minutes on end- (hours if you add up the days)
I'll take that as a "thank you very much mom I love it!"
I'm working on more stuff to stick up there.
Here's a fast cut pictures from a magazine and put them in an old photo album quiet book.
Not so quiet during church-
if you fill it with animals that encourage sound making.
Also Camilla approved again and again.
For a while the sun was out here and
Hider (the turtle) enjoyed his outdoor turtle pond in the making
I collected seeds- planted in egg cartons set on a cookie sheet to soak up the water
rip off the bottom and plant outside
Now several seedlings join my strawberries in their new raised beds
loving the rain and chicken fertilizer (I got connections)
Everyone needs a spaghetti face picture don't they
I can't get over how gorgeous my daughter is!






5 comments:
Love it all! Great work on the garden. :)
Your quiet books did make me chuckle. I can imagine animal sounds and the excitment such pictures invoke while seated on a pew in a long quiet meeting.
wonderful outfits! im impressed . . . and shortly there will be a little bundle in person to try on his/your newest makings.
and yayy for the flannel board. im just starting to make a few things for vy and kyle is pleased that i am starting. he likes to come home and see me at work. i havent reached your level of expertise yet -
hehe he i thought the same thing when mom gave me/vy her quiet book. theres ca lion in it . . . thats not too quiet.
youre doing an outdoor house for hider? how exciting!!! we just spoke with our landlord about where he used to have a little pond - and he said we could re-dig it out. it is under the oak tree right where we had our kiddie pool for pete threepete and yurtle. and kyle said he would do a chikin wire top over it so raccoons dont come for thanksgiving. i also am wanting to try for a garden . . .
so, yayy! yay for it all!
love your quiet books idea...oh yeah..and the flannel board...I took it a step up and made a Metal board.....my son loves playing with magnets.....of all kinds.. :) but the flannel board is easier for transportation.. :)
Your creativity is amazing. You go Elisabeth! I planted my strawberry plants from your mom. I need to get more. Would love a strawberry patch for the kids! :)
Post a Comment