Tuesday, May 4, 2010

while drumming my fingers




Posted by Picasa
With Camilla the end of the pregnancy snuck up on us
not this time.
I am well aware every moment of the day that this baby boy is coming
and for some reason I think that it should be sooner than later.
Mark is loving and supportive and brought me home some pinecone flowers
knowing that I would appreciate them.
I have seen them cut and made but never that grew in their full flower glory.
They are part of my new decorating (nesting) rage.
Like some mad pregnant lady my energy levels are up and I have turned
the house upside down flipping and flopping all the furniture and wall adornments.
In all the rain and wind of late our palm has been shedding
and sadly, for 7 or so little baby birds
their nest came down with the fronds (new visual for "rock a bye")
Another animal rescue by nana from the "wild kitty"
(I guess the birds weren't rescued but the wild kitty was- yeah for the heroic firefighter tree climbing mom! )
Squirrels are cute as long as they are not in your garden.
Cami spends alot of time in the garden
and even though my camera continues to take fuzzy pictures
is quite cute tromping around in her clogs ready for anyone to go "side" with her.
Even while she eats her fill we have enough strawberries for breakfast each morning
(she's not so sure about the radishes)
My head is full of knock off wood plans
I like my pallet shelf that would have been quicker if I had something other than a big rusty hand saw with which to hack it.
Lastly, the tank has been named Nottingham- complete with sherwood forest and
to keep Robin Hood and Little John company
I added MM, LC and FT
A group of merry men plan to join them soon and
if I met the right kind of evil looking fish we will also have
a sherif or prince.

5 comments:

ky+i=vy said...

oh . . . this sounds like one of your most darling posts (maybe not MOST darling - but i cant think of a darlinger one right now) and having heard the stories of some of the pictures, they are even darlingerest. now your tank can make you think of me and my house amid all the kings and friars and little johns.

Trista said...

I have never seen pine cone flowers. Those are awesome! I love seeing all the things you make!

Julie said...

Good Work. Don't wear out those fingers.

Jenafur said...

Jared walked in wearing my high heels while I was reading your post! funny...feels like the gap in age between Cammi and him gets smaller all the time.
Were drumming our fingers here too!! we want to see that baby already! :)

Catherine said...

Top picture of Cami reminds me of "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"