Tuesday, August 19, 2008

shots

Trying is the key word when I say that I have been trying to get things done yesterday and today. Cami is whimpering and moaning in her sleep in her little pack carrier thing- she is a warm little duck egg. I carry her around all day because I feel bad about taking her to get her shots yesterday. She grins up at me from the doctors tab;e bed then suddenly the lady pins down her legs and gives me her arms and the grin turns into scared stiff wided eyed wails. She trusted me and I let someone stick needles into her. I sang to her and stroked her tiny arms and immediately swooped her up after she was decorated with smiley bandaids. Is this the first of many "this is for your own good" experiences? I don't like it much. Now she has a fever, is very sleepy and not much of an appetitite. She measured in at 80% in weight and head cir. and 90% in lenghth. Seems a little silly of them to worry about her not gaining weight. Well, we're off to buy masking tape for the painted floor project we're working on at Nana's.

3 comments:

Crystal and Jake said...

I know it is the worst huh? Last time Kate had to get shots I let her come home and play on my bed with all of my jewelry which she loves to do. Not that she even connects it as an apology or reward, but it makes me feel better.

Sarah Stout said...

We just gave Aaron his One year old Shots. Yeah he was a tough guy about it but I always hate to do that to him, So I totally understand what you mean. Gotta love those shots!

:0)

Sarah Stout said...

That is hilarious we were at the doctors office at 3pm. So not exactly the same time but too funny.