Monday, September 8, 2008

wire

So there we were, out strolling through the prune trees at the end of harvest for one of Cami's morning-appreciating-nature-while-your-mom-gets-you-to-fall-asleep-in-the-stroller walks. We came upon some pieces of cut black wire that brings electricty to your house (in this case it was from the cut wire out at the clovis house that we're fixing up). After striping the wire and during Camilla's feeding times the next few days- here's what emerged. I had tons of fun figuring them out, so I made tons more. They now decorate her walls and a few are hanging above her crib. The many more refer to the dragonflies- the butterfly was more time consuming and so is remains solo.
I want to do some sort of dragonfly curtains now, but who knows if that will happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am amazed at what you created out of something you found on the ground. No really, amazed, impression, stunned. You are my idol. Teach me! Teach me! It is true one man's trash really is anothers treasure.

Sarah Stout said...

Those are pretty cool! That is a really good decoration idea. I like it!

Polliwog said...

Wow! They're gorgeous.

Unknown said...

thanks! I like them too!

Jenni said...

Your baby is a doll!! And that is some pretty fancy wire work there. I love it. You all look so happy. Could you e-mail me your number?