Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

As you can tell- sometimes I am writing and sometimes it is Cami. Well, at least she tells me what to write. She is working on her typing skills, but hasn't quite mastered it yet. This post is about me.


I turned 28 on the 16th and had a very happy birthday! Thanks to all who wished me so. I felt loved and appreciated, which (as Julie said) is the best birthday present to get. I still feel loved and appreciated. It is a beautiful sunny sunday. I used to think that it was a rule to be sunny on sunday. That was quite a while ago. Millie is asleep (still in her carseat) exhausted from church (no morning nap- well, not much of one- dozing in her daddy's arms during sunday school doesn't seem too restful). On account of fresh hot (was last night) french bread on sale on the grocery trip last night- I have decided that we will be eating french bread pizza when Mark gets home from clerking. I am a little more used to my short hair now, but my sunday school class (14 and 15 year olds) is convinced I keep cutting it shorter every week. I love teaching them! It is doubtful they are as excited as I am to come to class though. Our latest goal (M and me) is to lose 1 pound a week so as to be 10 pounds lighter by St. Patrick's day. So far I have gained one and we just weighed in yesterday. :O) Did I say that the little one was sleeping? She proves me wrong with her complaints coming from down the hall. Will she go back to sleep or should I go and rescue her? (She did get quiet and so I check on her- playing happily and proud as a peacock that she got her shoe off- thanks Annie for the shoes!)



I should have been set apart today as an Enrichment Specialist - specializing in crafty things that the "younger" women of the R.S. would be interested in. I think that it will be fun and give me more to do. Thursday night we shared ideas about being more frugal and we made circle journals. Thank You Holly for the idea it went over well. The idea behind the journals- to strenthen relationships with loved ones- we exchange it back and forth like one big, bound letter.


Yesterday we pruned the roses and cleaned up the garden- all ready to plant again. I enjoy working in the dirt with leaves and twigs and weeds and water. It is a bonus that we get to eat the fruits of our labors! Even if we didn't, I enjoy the "work" just for the sake of the work. It helps if the sun is warm. It can be discouraging to get out in the cold, wet fog.

4 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Tami said...

Oh, man! Sorry I forgot your Birthday. I do love and appreciate you still and think you are great. I do feel a little better knowing that you forgot mine too ;)
Happy Birthday!

Midodi said...

You are welcome! See I left a comment. Also, check out 5flavorsinthecastle@blogspot.com. Someone is getting into the 21st century thanks to you.

Midodi said...

Oh! and I forgot. LOVED your winter card. You looked gorgeous, everyone else looked great and the colors were divine! How did you do that?