Sunday, April 12, 2009

Elephant seals continued- part two

The tide was out and so we drove a little ways down the coast to find the perfect spot. Ivy wanted to rescue the poor little crab but the starfish wouldn't let go. Camilla loved exploring and being outdoors especially spending time with Nana.
If you step on these guys in your barefeet they squich water at you and suck in awful feeling. They were all over the place among the corral and crabs and clams and plant life.
Wow right where we needed to walk...


To be honest I was a little scared. Mom aka Nana took Cami as I snapped fotos and tried not to wake them.
Holly and Ivy were brave.So I got a little braver. What sound sleepers- we pet their smooth fuzz. (Notice we picked a very little one) Don't do this part- We really should leave them alone. For our safety and theirs.By the time Russ came over he woke up Don't bug me I'm sleeping.

Loads of fun with my shoes around my neck (didn't keep them dry though) and my pants rolled up. I just kept wishing my someone was there as I turned around to share a "look at that!" or even reaching out to him to get my balance on the rocks. I am so grateful my footprints do not have to walk alone and even more that our footprints are accompanied my more unseen.



2 comments:

Midodi said...

I liked this so much I saved myself the trouble and copied your post. I just wished I had a picture of me petting the cute little things.
Thanks!

Sarah Stout said...

This beach is simply amazing, if I ever head that way I am going to be sure to stop by. Loved the pictures of you guys getting so close. I bet that was such a fun trip!