Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ladybug Falls

It could have been called acorn trails (I have never seen so many assorted sizes of acorns in one place!) but if you look closely you can find the namesake- though not as numerous they were everywhere!
I think I prefer hikes that include some sort of body of water near. This one followed us the whole way, singing and conversing with us- by the end we were very good friends.


I forget how much I LOVE hiking and being outdoors until an opportunity is created that I decide to take advantage of. I want to go again soon- any takers? I am so glad that Holly and family came for one so that we had excuses to go and do. When we hike we enjoy to meander on trails that make us feel like we are somewhere magical and hidden from cares of the world. - that maybe around the corner if we walk quick enough we may glimpse a blur of wings or scuttering of tiny feet. The company in which we hiked made it so much more of an enjoyable experience! Have I mentioned that I love my family? Little Cami didn't made it all the way, but zonked as soon as we got to the car (after I dropped the keys and searched the trails- thank you kind hikers that found them!)

It was while I was enjoying some of the many spring flowers that the keys fell out of my pockets- Here to be exact.


I was sooo glad that my one and only took off work to come with. I enjoy his company and appreciate him carrying the little not-so-light one most of the eight miles.

Congratulations Camilla! First hike of many completed! (Please note the bit of hair sprouting from her perfectly formed head)
Why is it that we travel to far away places to visit and adore, but often fail to appreciate what is in our backyard? Isn't it pretty?

4 comments:

Marie said...

I'm so jealous. That looks like a lot of fun. Very cute hair, by the way.

Unknown said...

thanks marie! I wish mine was long and beautiful like yours!

Sarah Stout said...

She is such a cutie. I can't believe how much older she is looking from previous posts.

Tami said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it!