I was planning on sleeping in this morning, but since Cami decided to get up bright eyed and bushy tailed- why not talk Mark into visiting some yard sales? We had never been and I like the idea of a treasure hunt. Here's what we came home with for only a few dollars. I enjoy the story and love the illustrations. If you haven't read it, Tops and Bottoms, is a good garden and growing teaching about good buisness skills too. I can always use another nice sized basket and Cami has cute ABC cards for someday soon (also-cute bright colored Maisy illustrations). The highlight and treasure for me was a little piece of family history- My very own cuckoo clock! "does it work?" "naw, was my m.i.l.'s you can have it for 5bucks". Of course Mark brought it back to the car for $3. As far as I could tell all the parts were there and it now sits proudly on my wall ticking and tocking and cuckooing every 30min. It may need some cleaning, but other than that I feel it was a very good deal (vintage, made in Germany) selling for around $250 from my limited researching this afternoon. Happy day! We didn't find any summer farm romping shoes for Cami though. I guess you never find what you thought you were looking for anyway.

5 comments:
I too have been into garage sales lately. Great finds
Mom says: That clock looks sooooooo familiar!
Reading your blog makes me love you even more.
That's a pretty great find. You may have a knack at the garage sale thing!
That is a totally exciting find!
Post a Comment